We are deeply shocked and saddened. Early this morning, Will Hughes, a current fellow and resident of Unreality House, died due to an apparent overdose of methadone combined with alcohol. He was 25.
Out of respect for the Hughes family and the Unreality House fellows, we are not commenting further on the circumstances of Will Hughes’s death. A police investigation is ongoing, and we are supporting that investigation in any and all ways possible.
We ask your respect for our fellows’ privacy as they mourn their friend, an immensely talented young writer. Our thoughts are with our fellows and with the Hughes family at this very difficult time.